Fixed MacPorts Installation

I thought I had upgraded Xcode to 3.0 which is the Leopard compatible version. After poking around I discovered the Tiger version was still installed. I removed the Tiger version and installed the new ones. I had already upgraded Macports to v1.60 which is the Leopard compatible version. My first test was building wget. Wget is a command line file fetcher, so it does not have a huge number of dependencies: expat, libiconv, ncursesw, ncurses, gettext, zlib, openssl, but enough to test the package system. I then followed with ncftp a command line ftp program, which shares a dependencies on ncurses with wget. It compiled fine.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: